Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 3 (oof) and 4

Welcome back Poolsters!  Time for a duel weeks pick em post!  Actually, not really.  As I wrote before did you really think you were getting a post from last week?  I mean seriously…I spent the next 3 days before the refs came back deliberating between “shutting it down, let’s go home” (envision your best Nowitzki voice, but with crying), how to send PayPal money overseas, having everyone who lost that week win and everyone who won that week lose (my top choice by the way and still debatable), going into cahoots with Ben Clark (Sophomore year NCAA Tournament style).  Which by the way Ben…why in all the people that would have gladly stolen 3 dollars a piece from; a whopping $21 pot (you’ve really moved on from to bigger and better things when it comes to stiffing people by the way) would you go in to cahoots with Rob Castelano?  I mean, you could have chosen anyone of us!  Even I was corruptible then before I became the moral beacon I am today.

Anyways, I spent most of last week feeling as helpless and angry as the time we played Beaverton senior year watching “ The White Mike Vick” over throw a wide open Slade Norris for two quarters.  Just a helpless feeling only made worst by a Paul Wilson saying at least he ran for a bunch of yards, don’t worry about all the sacks guys; oh crap, I mean Seahawks fans calling saying it was legit.  Who would have thought after all this was said and done only Pat Kelly was the reasonable Seahawks fan I talked too.  Glad I was reminded why I’m glad they never have won a Super Bowl.

For the record.  I always posted on Weds the first year we did this too.  Not sure why everyone ever thought this was a Monday night football thing.  And to you specifically, Paul Wilson.  You can’t threaten me with your money like I have to do this as part of my pay.  I know if we were all paying you for this league you’d be skimping a little somethin off the top, then act like you don’t know what we are talking about, however, I don’t do that.  If you don’t want to pay that is your choice, but you can’t blame me because you suck at sticking around this league more than 5 weeks and that I have now posted 3 out of 4 weeks.   PayPal takes 5 seconds, Wilson.  A man with potentially 2 or 3 degrees such as you can surely figure that out right? Anyways, not trying to be a total dick (just sort of), but if you don’t it is $90 for next year.  Not scary at all right?  That’s the point, it is as baseless as your lack of payment, however, up until Bobby tried to up heave me this summer I’m still the one that puts any work into this and when we play next year I’ll remember.

Anyways, here are your picks last week.  Oh and Barth?  I know you switched your pick from picking the Seagals last week, but you would have had an L regardless.

Name
Pick
Standing
Position
Paul Andrews
Saints
Loss
1 Strike
Marcus Arnold
Saints
Loss
1 Strike
Paul Barth
Saints
Loss
1 Strike
Justin Belding
Bears
Win

Joe Church
Ravens
Win
1 Strike
Ben Clark
Lions
Loss
F'in Out!
Kevin Clark
Niners
Loss
F'in Out!
Sam Finley
Steelers
Loss
1 Strike
Dan Fitzpatrick
Niners
Loss
1 Strike
John Galmiche
Saints
Loss
F'in Out!
Nick "Hollywood" Heinrichs
F'in Out!
Neil Jubitz
Raiders
Win
1 Strike
Pat Kelly
Saints
Loss
1 Strike
Nick Lamb
Browns
Loss
F'in Out!
Ryan McAndrew
Saints
Loss
1 Strike
Drew Millar
Saints
Loss
F'in Out!
Bobby Philbrook
Bears
Win

Kyle Shultz
Cowboys
Win
1 Strike
Dan Stone
Lions
Loss
F'in Out!
Trent Striplin
Bears
Win

Erik Weiss
Niners
Loss
F'in Out!
Paul Wilson
Cowboys
Win
1 Strike
Michael Zahler
Saints
Loss
1 Strike




I will say 2 things and then move on.  Really Lamb?  You put your life on the line with Cleveland Browns???  And I’m still upset with Jubitz.  The dude got drunkenly away with picking the Raiders in week 3.  Drunkenly mailed the pick in with his life on the line.


Week 4 

Another week by and a boring 1 at that.  But with a boring week comes people that forget, providing the only reason I have something to write about.  Should I have written a lot last week?  Yes, I should and could have.  Nearly everyone lost, but I’m not going to.  It’s going into the a dark place deep within me along with all the N bombs Trent recently dropped and all the slander that you guys heap on me year after year.  Deserved by the way…

Quick Recap!
14 People are still Partying
11 People have a strike against them
3 People are still Flawless
1 Person lost this week
9 People are F’in Out!

Pick of the Week!

Uh….Zahler and Jubitz!  Very thrilling the whole league picks the Ravens and Zahler and Neil pick two teams that should/ did win in a blow out.  Anyways, congrats for pussin out everyone!


Worst Pick of the Week

Joe Church for forgetting!  Our customer service department is a well oiled machine if you haven't noticed.  Joe, did you get Brett Favre’s boots out this week?  Did you mail out any catalogs for the reps?  Nope….


The Picks

NamePickStandingPosition
Paul AndrewsBroncosWin1 Strike
Marcus ArnoldRavensWin1 Strike
Paul BarthFalconsWin1 Strike
Justin BeldingRavensWin
Joe ChurchPatriotsWin1 Strike
Ben ClarkF'in Out!
Kevin ClarkF'in Out!
Sam FinleyFalconsWin1 Strike
Dan FitzpatrickRavensWin1 Strike
John GalmicheF'in Out!
Nick "Hollywood" HeinrichsF'in Out!
Neil JubitzPackersWin1 Strike
Pat KellyRavensWin1 Strike
Nick LambF'in Out!
Ryan McAndrewRavensWin1 Strike
Drew MillarF'in Out!
Bobby PhilbrookRavensWin
Kyle ShultzRavensWin1 Strike
Dan StoneF'in Out!
Trent StriplinFalconsWin
Erik WeissF'in Out!
Paul WilsonBroncosWin1 Strike
Michael ZahlerTexansWin1 Strike



Time to Say Goodbye!

Joe Church goes home swiftly.  After forgetting nearly two weeks in a row we are all left to wonder if his future wife caught wind of one of these blog posts and said he can never do it again.  That’s where I cast my vote.  Anyways, goodbye you Mink; (that’s what Wilson was trying to say in his email right?) we appreciate the donation and will see you next year!

Tomorrow the league is upon us again.  Don’t forget your picks like this schlup above and remember there is a Thursday Night game.  Little confession; I thought I was so slick by getting that Thursday pick in last week thinking everyone would forget.  I mean come on, it was a good assumption.  If I didn’t send a text out last year none of you renob’s would have made it past week 3 and here you all are dropping it in Thursday night!  Amazing.  I’m a proud and degenerate poppa.  1 more confession, definitely wrote this whole blog with the impression the champ forgot and was down.  He wasn't, just lost it in a group text.  Whoops!  Oh well, if something seems amiss in the last few paragraphs....it probably is.

For next week (as long as most people stick around).  A 2nd and 3rd place prize is now up for grabs and a new Re-Up system.  We all need it.

Happy Pickings,


The McPoolMaster

UPDATE:  Joe politely reminded me today after the post that he did in fact text me on Friday.  Got photo evidence if need be.  Pats for Joe, means no one lost this week.  Wamp Wamp.  In other news I will literally just repaste my F'in out post when Joe does inevitably lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment